Football season is just about here. Fans have waited throughout the lockout and now the pre-season. For those that want to work in the industry, this is your last chance for open positions if you want to work in sports. Below, there are job listings from the Eagles, Cowboys, Lions and a hockey job, from the Los Angeles Kings added for good measure.
If you want to work in sports, this will help get you started in your search. Remember to check the blog roll for other sports related business resources within this website.
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
The Philadelphia Eagles are known as one of the more progressive organizations in professional sports and have come to be considered one of the most storied sports franchises in history. As an organization the Philadelphia Eagles is both an exciting and demanding place to work fueled by passion, dedication, and a commitment to the community and the Eagles Youth Partnership.
Lincoln Financial Field is one of the premier sports and entertainment facilities in the United States. In addition to being the home of the Philadelphia Eagles, the stadium plays host to numerous other events, providing an unmatched spectator experience for over 65,000 fans. Lincoln Financial Field is maintained and managed by over 50 professionals working together to provide the highest quality sports and entertainment experience in a safe, clean, and friendly environment.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of how to drive consumer engagement within social, mobile and technical platforms. Also must have experience actually managing and executing social media campaigns.
Click here to apply:
Sales & Marketing: Client Relations/Customer Service
The Customer Service Representative – Retail is responsible for providing superior customer service in our fast-paced, call center environment with the ability to keep information and tasks organized while multi-tasking. This position is an outstanding opportunity for a detail-oriented team player with a positive, enthusiastic, and customer-focused attitude. The Customer Service Representative – Retail reports to the Retail Customer Service Manager and will be part of an overall Call Center team.
– Assist internet/catalog customers with questions via e-mail, telephone, system “Live Chat” and mail
– Provide sales support through cross-selling and up-selling products
– Follow-through with customer inquiries and requests/ document and record efforts in the process
– Ensure that our customer receives superior service
– Provide resolution to customers through communication and problem-solving skills
– Work effectively within a team-oriented environment
– Answering phones, functioning on the computer and providing customer assistance
– Order processing, issue resolution, selling ability, return processing
– Perform other functions and activities as directed by the Retail Customer Service Manager
Click Here to Apply:
Internships: Communications/Community Relations
AEG, Anschutz Entertainment Group, is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns and operates a host of world-class entertainment venues and professional sports franchises around the globe including the L.A. Kings (NHL), L.A. Galaxy (MLS), STAPLES Center, the Home Depot Center, the L.A. Live Entertainment district in downtown Los Angeles, and more.
Fan Development Intern
Essential Job Functions: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assist Fan Development Department with grassroots sales initiatives and hockey growth programs
• Run Fan Development Game Day Program Sales Fundraising Program
• Assist with Game Day Fan Development hockey programs at STAPLES Center
• Coordinate Program Sales Fundraiser
• Assist with grassroots marketing of hockey programs and sales initiatives
• Track sales numbers and hockey program participation
• Assist with client customer service
• Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work 20 hours a week, including some evenings and weekends
Click here to Apply:
Sales & Marketing: Marketing
The Marketing Department at Ford Field is accepting applications for a Marketing Manager. The Manager will be responsible for providing marketing strategies that will assist the Business Operations Department and Events Department with increasing revenue. The manager will be responsible for all marketing efforts for the Detroit Lions and Ford Field events, both internally and externally. This includes the areas of advertising, brand management, web, social media, and research. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
Hours/Duration of Position:
This is a full-time position working 40+ hours per week. A full benefits package is available. This position is based in Detroit, MI.
The Marketing Manager must have the ability to work with a flexible schedule, including being available for major scheduled events on nights, weekends, and holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Director of Marketing with development and implementation of marketing plan
• Manage and market all Detroit Lions business to increase revenue
• Work with clienst on promoting events at Ford Field
• Develop and oversee all advertising campaigns; work with third party advertising companies
• Manage all media buys with key media vendors
• Develop and enhance all branding approaches for the Detroit Lions, both internally and externally
• Assist with website development and help expand functions of www.detroitlions.com
• Coordinate with the graphics department on the visual content for the Detroit Lions website
• Act as a liaison with Ticketmaster for all marketing efforts
• Oversee all marketing publications, graphics, and special projects
• Foster and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, community, corporate and media partners
• Oversee departmental budget
• Work all Detroit Lions home games and Ford Field major events
Apply here (remember to scroll to the middle of the landing page)
Do not miss a future post. You can always add the SportsInfo101 Facebook Page by liking us here.